Friday, January 1, 2010

Great Expectations - Master Bedroom Bliss

If you've been reading, you know that all my rooms are currently out of sorts.


Wow, that is out of sorts! I'm shocked that I'm even sharing this photo.

Since our wall mount LCD went to our daughters' room and the curtains, after a paint splatter incident, got moved to the living room, this room has been neglected and wanting.

I've got great expectations for this room, though.

While we were wasting some time at Goodwill the other day I found a few pictures. Here is one that I plan to use in the bedroom.


My daughter found two Pottery Barn ticking stripe pillowcases for $.99 each while we were there, too.
What an eye she has at a mere 8 years old.



I scored two of these at Goodwill a while back and plan to use them in the room.


Slowly but surely I'm collecting all the little things that will make this room special.

What I really need to find is something like this...

or this.

My plan for this room:

a valance layered on top of the existing bargain bamboo blinds

a printed blue comforter

the above pillowcases that my daughter picked out

white sheets, possibly ivory (depending on the duvet/comforter/matelasse)

black furniture will stay

And, I plan on painting this baby an off whited with an antique finish. That's a $10 or $15 Craigslist find, can't remember exactly.


I will also be adding some fabric to the bottom of the bookcases to camo all the homeschool books.

I'm thinking there might be some almost denim fabric in the room, too.

I want it to be clean, comfortable, and coastal. I don't consider my style cottage. It's more transitional with beachy elements and a more modern approach.


No matter how you label the end product, I can't wait to pull it all together and finally have the room back in order! Woohoo!

While I'm on here, I'll go ahead and share my lovely pillow that arrived in the mail yesterday.

Thanks Missy!

I entered a giveaway for a beautiful pillow at one of my favorite blogs. I had planned to order said pillow if I didn't win and the winner didn't pick it. (The winner got their choice out of three pillows.) Well, astonishingly I won! Little ol' me, a girl that never wins anything... ever. It's just adorable and I'm pleased as punch whenever I look at it.

You can visit her website by clicking the pillow photo. She even included some cool magnets in the package. Click the magnets to visit her etsy shop.


Thanks for stopping by!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails