Thursday, November 19, 2009

"Picture" what you love...

When I look around my home I see the things I love looking back at me. My family gets framed, of course, but I also see the sea, seashells, boats, harbors, signs, fishermen and more. I'm not so lucky that my home is near a sandy beach but I try to have those views, views I adore, in my home.

The sea, once it casts it spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Here are some of the items that grace my walls.




All of the above were $2 or less! The one at the top came from T.J. Maxx. The other two are from Goodwill.

These were a Marshall's find - $2.oo each!
The shutters in the floor are for another Friday gift idea.


This was a wonderful find at an antique gallery. It has a driftwood frame and has been stitched out.


Look at the detail! I just love it. It's a very nice size and hangs over the mantle. Can you believe it was $15?




A little tip for those that love all things seaworthy - The perfect time to shop for decor items is upon us. It starts right before Halloween and goes through the winter until it's gone. Stores like T.J. Maxx and Marshall's always mark down "beachy" decor around Halloween and the longer it stays, the cheaper it gets.

Now, go hang up what you love!
... and no, you don't have to spend a fortune. :)


Happy Decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails