Sunday, December 27, 2009

Is it really over?


Santa came and went. I think the picture above says it all. On the 26th of December I felt exactly like that picture - like an icky residue of Christmas was all I was left with - just plain crumby. Not that I had a bad Christmas, no not at all! It's just that I was overly tired and needed to sleep the day away.

Although, I do find myself wondering - Is it really over?!?!?!


I think this is the first year that my hubby wrapped the presents. I was too busy making two German Chocolate cakes and finishing last minute projects.
Santa and his trusty elf, that would be me, didn't get to bed until 4 a.m and the kids were awake at 7 a.m.


After opening presents and being out in the freezing cold while they tried out their new Power Wheels and 4 wheeler, my hubby and I were left wondering where in the world all this stuff would go?

I always feel like purging the house after Christmas so we started with our son's room.

We moved the kitchen set from our daughters' over crowded room to our son's room. Not wanting it to be the focal point, we had to move things around. The kitchen set is now on the same wall as the door to the room. It is to the side of the shallow bookcase, so you can't see it unless you're in the room.

Scroll over the images to see how things got moved around to accommodate the kitchen set.

















I still need something(s) above the kitchen set. The stacked wall art above the bed was my way of making a small bed more of a focal point. I couldn't hang them too far down (within son's reach) or they would be potential weapons of destruction. The bottom frame was one I had laying around with no glass. I just inserted some scrapbook paper. It was a quick cheap fix but it could be better if it were a bit larger. I'm meticulous about scale. If it's off a bit it really bothers me.

... to recap... this is the room now.


Yep, it's a very small room and the requirements on it are many.
It has to have open area to pull out the under table drawers. It must have the bookcase to keep breakables up high. It must have the kitchen set because the girls have ruled that it can no longer take up residency with them. Every piece of furniture must stay in that 12x12 box. The bookcase could do for some decluttering and nice storage boxes but other than that, I'm pretty happy with the rearrange. Hmmm... what's next?

I hope you all had a great holiday season and will continue to have a happy 1st!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails