Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Coastal Christmas

Boy am I exhausted! We've been out of town and I'm beat!
I couldn't neglect sharing these fine ideas with you all, though.

In my never ending search for all things "home", I've ran across a few pics that got me thinking. This one mixes seashells, pine cones, and evergreen branches, like I have on my mantel, but what stood out to me was the lazy bow made of netting - never thought about that before. If that's too literal for your taste, try burlap instead. :)

I can so see this translated into a front door wreath, garland up a beautiful staircase, or a tree.


 
Here we have more tree pics. We've been busy here so I haven't actually accomplished all the things I aspired to. I did get an aha moment the other day and ran outside to cut the plumes off my pampas grass. I then pulled them into pieces and stuck them in our tree and in our door bucket. They look so feathery and soft, like angel wings.

 



It's hard to see in the pics but the tree is loaded with plumes.


I've got two more ideas for ornaments but I'm going to hit the hay. I'll post the others tomorrow night. They are my faves. ;)  Hope to see you then!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails