Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What does your door say about you?

As I drive around I often find myself looking at doors. I like to see them in all their jewelry and fine raiment. The way they are accessorized, or not accessorized, says a lot. You have clean and simple, traditional, relaxed, and everything in between. One thing is for sure... The door is a place where guests will always stop and take pause. While you are hurrying to answer that bell or knock, we guests are looking around and waiting. What would you like your door to say about you? Of course, it is just a door but Hey! We can always use something or someone saying good things about us! Why not our door, too?
Here is my door.

I L-O-V-E my door bucket! I got this from Southern Living at Home and I must say that it was one of the best buys ever. It wasn't super cheap but it has paid off big time in space savings and conserving pennies on seasonal wreaths. It is always on my door. I never store wreaths, not anymore. I used to have a storage room full of wreaths, but as we've gained children we've lost space. Not to mention that every year I lost a few wreaths to getting smushed and abused. Now I keep a single box of things to switch out seasonally and that's all the storage I need! I replace the picks but the greenery is usually the same. I put a sparkly skull (from the one dollar store) in there for Halloween this year. I used a dowel to hold him in. Skewers work well, too.

The numbers are a recent addition. (Notice the pesky bubble... grrrr!)


Check back tomorrow for a detailed description of how I did this less than $2 project.

I know... I could use a new door. I could actually use several, but for now this one will have to do. It needs to be stripped down and needs a new coat of paint. The beige paint has not held up well. Sadly, it has bubbled up and scuffed off in places but I've done what I can. I've broke out the paddles and gave this poor door a bit longer. Hopefully the old guy will retire soon - if I win a lottery, that is.
Until then, happy decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails