Wednesday, February 3, 2010

No Sew Number Pillow

If you've been keeping up with the blogs you've seen plenty of PB pillow knockoffs.
My daughter loves these pillows, too. Since we are currently trying to revamp her much neglected room, we decided to try our hand at these.

Of course, she didn't want the black. Her favorite color is turquoise, so that's what we went with.

I tracked down zippered pillow covers in a khaki fabric at Target for less than $5 each!
They were 100% cotton so I washed them first to avoid shrinking. You could also bleach them but we wanted them khaki, so we went bleachless.


Then, I freehanded a big "2". You could print it out and then cut a stencil. That might be easier but I like to make things difficult and stressful. lol.


After I had my outline, I traced around my number with a pencil.


I painted it with some acrylic paint and there you have it.
I can see that it could do for another coat.


But, the important thing is that our oldest is pleased as punch with it.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails