Monday, February 8, 2010

A new use for an over the door shoe organizer

Do you have craft supplies all over the house?

Do you have bits and bobs that get forgotten about?

Well, read on...

After many years of searching all over the house to gather my dispersed art/craft supplies, I've finally gathered them in one place.
This is no small feat. You see I am a homeschooling mom of three, a Girl Scout leader, scrapbook wanna be, and I teach a free art class out of my home. Yikes!
I have everything from plaster to charcoal, from jewelry making supplies to embroidery stuff, from oil pastel to fishing line! I organized the hall closet just for craft material. The fact that it all fit is all due to this nifty little thing.

I've had these things in bags and bins but the bags got forgot about and the bins took up too much space. I was racking my brain when I caught sight of my closet door, laden with shoes a plenty. My shoes are now on the floor but I did get the craft supplies organized and all in one place. Pretty simple but it works well. I did want to point out one thing though, put the labels on the lower row above the openings. If you put them on the clear part you can't read them because of the way they hang open.


Oh, and we're currently snowed in so my shoes get to stay in the floor for a bit longer.

The South's version of snowed in...

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails